Associate Professor Marcus John Wilson
LLB, BA (Hons), MA (Toronto), PhD (Monash)
Research | Current
- Latin language and literature
- Roman history
- Seneca, Silius Italicus
Teaching | Current
CLASSICS 130 Love and Death in Greek and Roman Literature
LATIN 201 Latin Literary Texts 2A
LATIN 203 Latin Literary Texts 2C
LATIN 300 Advanced Language Study Part 1
LATIN 301 Latin Literary Texts 3A
LATIN 707 Selected Latin Texts 1
Areas of expertise
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Wilson, M. J. (2017). I Donald? A classic view of Trump. http://www.thebigq.org/2017/06/29/i-donald/.
- Wilson, M. J. (2016). Milestones of malevolence. Paper presented at Roman Milestones: 30th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar, Hobart, Australia. 4 July - 6 July 2016. Abstracts Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar 30.
- Wilson, M. J. (2015). What did Baebius Italicus think he was doing to Homer?. Paper presented at Homer and the Epic Tradition (Homer Seminar VIII) : A Conference in Honour of Professor Elizabeth Minchin, Canberra, Australia. 7 December - 8 December 2015. Homer and the Epic Tradition (Homer Seminar VIII) : A Conference in Honour of Professor Elizabeth Minchin - Programme and abstracts.
- Wilson, M. J. (2015). Celebrating the defeat of the fun police: Ovid, Fasti 6.651-692. Paper presented at ASCS 36: The 36th Conference of the Australasian Society for Classical Studies, Adelaide, Australia. 28 January - 30 January 2015. ASCS 36th Conference Abstracts.
- Wilson, M. (2015). "Quae quis fugit damnat": Outspoken silence in Seneca's Epistles. In H. Baltussen, P. Davis (Eds.) The art of veiled speech: Self-censorship from Aristophanes to Hobbes (pp. 137-156). Philidelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Wilson, M. J. (2014). Get serious: A Livian critique of modern historical studies. Paper presented at Australian Historical Association 33: Conflict in History, University of Queensland, Brisbane. 6 July - 11 July 2014.
- Wilson, M. J. (2014). The Godless Romans: Towards a theory of Roman Atheism. Paper presented at Pac Rim 28: 28th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar, Latrobe University, Melbourne. 6 July - 9 July 2014. 28th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar: Pac Rim - Programme & abstracts.
- Wilson, M. J. (2013). Homeric tradition denial. Paper presented at Homer and the Epic Tradition (Homer Seminar VII), Canberra, Australia. 30 November - 1 December 2013.
- Media Contact
Primary office location
HUMANITIES BUILDING - Bldg 206
Level 8, Room 826
14A SYMONDS ST