Dr Lana Kostrykina
Dr Svetlana Kostrykina is a Student and Programme Adviser for Global Studies, and she is your first port of call for all questions related to the programme. Originally from Volgograd, Russia, Lana has been with the University of Auckland since 2015. She joined Global Studies in 2017 as a programme administrator and helped to launch the programme. She has completed her PhD in International Education at the UoA in 2020, and her areas of professional interest include student support and engagement, marketing, mental health and wellbeing.
- Valued Contribution to the University of Auckland 2019. Awarded to Dr Hilary Chung and Dr Svetlana Kostrykina for their contribution to the successful launch of the Global Studies programme.
- SEED grant for innovation in teaching 2017-2018, Centre for Learning and Research in Higher Education to support innovative or experimental approaches to learning and teaching.
- Graduate Collaborative Research Awards 2018, Universitas 21 International Universities Network. U21's Graduate Collaborative Research Awards are designed to be flexible and encourage doctoral candidates, with the support of their supervisors/advisors, to think innovatively about how their research could benefit from engagement with other members of the U21 network.
- Nomination for Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Award 2017 (Innovating and Engaging).
- Cohort Management, Student Experience and Administration Support
- Programme Promotion and Marketing Engagement
- Student Support
- Relationship Management, Advocacy and Negotiation
- Engagement with Internal and External Stakeholders
- General Operational Activities
Areas of expertise
Internationalisation of higher education; internationalisation for the society; the global international education industry; Global Studies, intercultural communication, Translation Studies, marketing and global economics.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Kostrykina, S. (2019). The Asian Dream: Changing patterns for the international education industry. Paper presented at The Asia-Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 25 March - 29 March 2019. Related URL.
- Kostrykina, S., Lee, K., & Hope, J. (2018). The west, the rest and the knowledge economy: A game worth playing?. Perspectives: Policy and Practice in Higher Education, 22 (2), 58-67. 10.1080/13603108.2017.1372317
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kerry Lee, John Hope
Primary office location
CLL BUILDING - Bldg 207
Level 3, Room 309
18 SYMONDS ST