Dr Sunhee Koo
Teaching | Current
ANTHRO 103 Musics of the World in Everyday Life
ANTHRO 202 Music and Identity in World Music Cultures
ANTHRO 301 Contemporary Research in Music and Culture
ANTRHO 329 Music of East Asia: Tradition, Modernity and Globalisation
ANTHRO 733 Research in Popular Music Culture
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Koo, S. (2015). Instrumentalizing Tradition?: Three Kayagŭm Musicians in the People’s Republic of China and the Construction of Diasporic Korean Music. Asian Music, 46 (1), 78-109. 10.1353/amu.2015.0002
- Koo, S. H., & Oh, J. Workshop on Korean Drumming, 11/8/2014. , Kenneth Myers Theater, University of Auckland. Commissioning body: Academy of Korean Studies
- (2014). MORE THAN TWO KOREAS: CULTURAL INTERSECTION AND CHINESE KOREAN MUSICIANS IN CONTEMPORARY SOUTH KOREAN MUSIC SCENES. Yearbook for Traditional Music, 46, 1-21. 10.5921/yeartradmusi.46.2014.0001
- Koo, S. H. Bridging the Wind, 24/8/2013. Programme Notes, University of Auckland Music Theatre. Related URL.
- Seungmi, S., Jin, C., Kyongsun, C., & Koo, S. H. Workshop on Traditional Korean Music and Instruments, 22/8/2013. Workshop. Related URL.
- Koo, S. (2013). SamulNori: Contemporary Korean Drumming and the Rebirth of Itinerant Performance Culture by Nathan Hesselink. Korean Studies, 37 (1), 250-253. 10.1353/ks.2013.0010
- Koo, S. H. University of Hawai'i Korean Ensemble, Korean American Day: The 108th Anniversary of Korean Immigration to Hawai'i, 13/1/2011. Korean American Day 2011.
- Koo, S. H. University of Hawai‘i Korean Ensemble, 9th Annual Korean Festival, 9/7/2010. , Waikiki, Hawai'i.