Dr Robert Webb
Robert is a senior lecturer who completed his university studies at the University of Auckland. His teaching and research interests are in criminology and sociology. He is currently on the Editorial board of the Journal of Sociology (TASA- The Australian Sociological Association).
Research | Current
- Maori and criminal justice policy
- Indigenous criminology
- Bio-identity, organ donation and transplantation
I am available for supervisions in the area of criminal justice policy and Indigenous criminology. Examples of previous and current supervisions include PhD research on cultural programmes in NZ prisons, mass incarceration and Maori, Samoan perspectives on youth offending and crime, and comparative community justice models between Maori and Romani.
Faculty of Arts, Māori Ethics Adviser
Editorial Board Journal of Sociology
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Webb, R. D. (2017). Sociology from Aotearoa New Zealand: Towards an indigenous criminology. Global Dialogue, 7 (3), 30-31. Related URL.
- Webb, R. D. (2017). Māori experiences of colonisation and Māori criminology. In A. Deckert, R. Sarre (Eds.) The Palgrave handbook of Australian and New Zealand criminology, crime and justice (pp. 683-696). New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shaw, R. M., & Webb, R. (2015). Multiple meanings of "gift" and its value for organ donation. Qualitative health research, 25 (5), 600-611. 10.1177/1049732314553853
- Furze, B., Savy, P., Webb, R. D., James, S., Petray, T., Brym, R., & Lie, J. (2015). Sociology in Today's World (3rd). London: Cengage Learning. Pages: 608. Related URL.
- Tauri, J. M., & Webb, R. (2012). A Critical Appraisal of Responses to Māori Offending. International Indigenous Policy Journal, 3 (4).10.18584/iipj.2012.3.4.5
- Shaw, R., Bell, L., & Webb, R. (2012). New Zealanders’ perceptions of gift and giving back as participants of organ transfer procedures. Kotuitui: New Zealand Journal of Social Sciences Online, 7 (1), 26-36. 10.1080/1177083X.2012.670651
- Webb, R. D. (2012). Culture and Crime Control in New Zealand. Conference Proceedings Crime, Justice and Social Democracy: An International Conference, 73-87. Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Brisbane, Australia. Related URL.