Dr Robert Webb
Robert is a senior lecturer who completed his university studies at the University of Auckland. His teaching and research interests are in criminology and sociology. He is currently on the Editorial board of the Journal of Sociology (TASA- The Australian Sociological Association).
Research | Current
- Maori and criminal justice policy
- Indigenous criminology
- Bio-identity, organ donation and transplantation
- Youth justice
Teaching | Current
CRIM 702 Advanced Issues in Penology
I am available for supervisions in the area of criminal justice policy and Indigenous criminology. Examples of previous and current supervisions include PhD research on cultural programmes in NZ prisons, mass incarceration and Maori, Samoan perspectives on youth offending and crime, and comparative community justice models between Maori and Romani.
Co-Principal Investigator of a three-year 2016 Marsden Funded Research Project on Maori and Samoan experiences of Youth Justice in New Zealand, Australia and the U.S.A.
Faculty of Arts, Māori Ethics Adviser
Undergraduate Adviser, Criminology
Editorial Board Journal of Sociology
Māori Association of Social Science
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Suaalii, T., Tauri, J., & Webb, R. (2018). Exploring Māori and Samoan Youth Justice: Aims of an International Research Study. Journal of Applied Youth Studies, 2 (5), 29-40. Related URL.
- Webb, R. (2018). Rethinking the utility of the risk factors and criminogenic needs approaches in Aotearoa New Zealand. Journal for Global Indigeneity, 3 (1), 1-21. Related URL.
- Webb, R. (2017). Towards an indigenous criminology. Global Dialogue, 7 (3), 30-31.
- Webb, R. (2017). Māori experiences of colonisation and Māori criminology. In A. Deckert, R. Sarre (Eds.) The Palgrave handbook of Australian and New Zealand criminology, crime and justice (pp. 683-696). Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shaw, R. M., & Webb, R. (2015). Multiple meanings of "gift" and its value for organ donation. Qualitative Health Research, 25 (5), 600-611. 10.1177/1049732314553853
- Furze, B., Savy, P., Webb, R. D., James, S., Petray, T., Brym, R., & Lie, J. (2015). Sociology in Today's World (3rd). London: Cengage Learning. Pages: 608. Related URL.
- Tauri, J. M., & Webb, R. (2012). A Critical Appraisal of Responses to Māori Offending. International Indigenous Policy Journal, 3 (4).10.18584/iipj.2012.3.4.5
- Shaw, R., Bell, L., & Webb, R. (2012). New Zealanders’ perceptions of gift and giving back as participants of organ transfer procedures. Kotuitui: New Zealand Journal of Social Sciences Online, 7 (1), 26-36. 10.1080/1177083X.2012.670651