Dr Inshil Choe Yoon
MA (Seoul National), PhD
Dr Inshil Yoon has taught at The University of Auckland since 1989.
Research | Current
Teaching Korean as a foreign language, Korean classics concerning the relationship between culture and environment.
- Korean classics on the culture-environment relationship
- Korean language teaching/learning and material development
Teaching | Current
KOREAN 110 Korean for Beginners 1
KOREAN 111 Korean for Beginners 2
KOREAN 200 Intermediate Korean 1
KOREAN 301 Advanced Korean 2
Young Im Lee Park (Dissertation in MPS in Translation studies 2007) "A Comparison of Linguistic, Contextual and Interpretive Differences between Translations by Catholic and Protestant Korean Publishers of Reaching Out (1975) by Henri Nouwen" (Co-supervisor with Associate Professor Frank Austermühl)
Jisun Yoo (Dissertation in MPS in Translation studies 2008) "A comparison of stylistic differences between Korean translations, based on Anne of Green Gables" (Co-supervisor with Associate Professor Frank Austermühl)
Ji Hyun Lee (Translation project in MPS in Translation studies 2010) "Translation of Automobiles"
Won the first prize for Nami Annyeong? (Time for Korean), a Korean language textbook series for Intermediate School at the 2009 World Congress of Korean Language Teachers in
Undergraduate Advisor (Korean)
Programme Coordinator (Korean language)
360 & Study Abroad
Areas of expertise
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Yoon, I. C., & Yoon, H. K. (2015). Koreans - 20th-century immigration. http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/koreans/. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Hong-Key Yoon
- Yoon, I. (2013). Early-Period T'aengniji Manuscripts. Korean Studies, 37, 225-249. 10.1353/ks.2013.0008
- Yoon, I. (2012). T’aengniji ch’ogip'ilsabon ch’ujŏng ŭl wihan sŏjijŏk koch’al (A bibliographic approach towards the identification of the early T’aengniji manuscripts). Seojihakbo (Journal of the Institute of Korea Bibliography), 40, 155-174. Related URL.
- Yoon, I. C. (2009). Time for Korean (2). Elizabeth, NJ: Hollym International Corporation. Pages: 112.
- Yoon, I. C. (2009). Time for Korean (1). Elizabeth, NJ: Hollym International Corporation. Pages: 103.
- Yoon, I. C. (2009). An Examination of Geomancy (P'ungsu) as Employed in T'aengniji. International Review of Korean Studies, 6 (1), 49-76.
- Yoon, I. C. (2007). Yeongeogwon dongpoadongui hyoyuljeok hangul machumbeop hakseubeul wihan gicho yeongu (A Preliminary Study of Efficient Learning of Korean Orthography for Korean Children living in English Speaking Countries). Hangugeo Gyoyuk Journal of Korean Language Education, 18 (1), 459-486.
- Yoon, I. C. (2007). Martyrdom and Social Activism: The Korean Practice of Catholicism. In R. E. J. Buswell (Ed.) Religions of Korea in Practice (pp. 355-375). Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press.