Dr Marcus John Wilson
LLB, BA (Hons), MA (Toronto), PhD (Monash)
Research | Current
- Latin language and literature
- Roman history
- Seneca, Silius Italicus
Teaching | Current
ANCHIST 314 Historians of Rome
CLASSICS 280 Art and Society in Ancient Rome
CLASSICS 380 Art and Society in Ancient Rome
LATIN 201 Latin Literary Texts 2A
LATIN 203 Latin Literary Texts 2C
LATIN 300 Advanced Language Study Part 1
LATIN 301 Latin Literary Texts 3A
LATIN 707AB Selected Latin Texts 1
LATIN 714AB Unprepared Translation 1
Areas of expertise
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Wilson, M. J. (2017). I Donald? A classic view of Trump. http://www.thebigq.org/2017/06/29/i-donald/.
- Wilson, M. J. (2016). Milestones of malevolence. Paper presented at Roman Milestones: 30th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar, Hobart, Australia. 4 July - 6 July 2016. Abstracts Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar 30.
- Wilson, M. J. (2015). What did Baebius Italicus think he was doing to Homer?. Paper presented at Homer and the Epic Tradition (Homer Seminar VIII) : A Conference in Honour of Professor Elizabeth Minchin, Canberra, Australia. 7 December - 8 December 2015. Homer and the Epic Tradition (Homer Seminar VIII) : A Conference in Honour of Professor Elizabeth Minchin - Programme and abstracts.
- Wilson, M. J. (2015). Celebrating the defeat of the fun police: Ovid, Fasti 6.651-692. Paper presented at ASCS 36: The 36th Conference of the Australasian Society for Classical Studies, Adelaide, Australia. 28 January - 30 January 2015. ASCS 36th Conference Abstracts.
- Wilson, M. J. (2014). The Godless Romans: Towards a theory of Roman Atheism. Paper presented at Pac Rim 28: 28th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar, Latrobe University, Melbourne. 6 July - 9 July 2014. 28th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar: Pac Rim - Programme & abstracts.
- Wilson, M. J. (2013). Travels with my Aunt: Seneca’s Ad Helviam 19. Paper presented at The Journey in Roman Literature: 27th Pacific Rim Roman Literature Seminar, Columbia University New York. 9 July - 11 July 2013.
- Wilson, M. J. (2012). Popularisations of Seneca's philosophy. Paper presented at ASCS 33: Australasian Society for Classical Studies Conference 2012, Melbourne, Australia. 5 February - 9 February 2012. ASCS 33 (2012) – Abstracts of papers presented. Related URL.
- Wilson, M. J. (2011). Celebrations of the Muses in the Punica. Paper presented at Epic Connections conference, ANU Canberra. 10 November - 13 November 2011.