Associate Professor Murray Donald Edmond
- Asociate Professor,
- Postgraduate Adviser Drama
Research | Current
- New Zealand theatre history, poets' theatre, Polish theatre, American poetry, modernism, local culture, dramaturgy, the teaching of writing.
- American poetry
- Poets' theatre
- New Zealand poetry
- New Zealand theatre history
- Polish theatre
Teaching | Current
ENGLISH 109 Drama on Stage and Screen
DRAMA 302 Performance Skills
DRAMA 701AB Theories of Drama
DRAMA 718 Playwriting
DRAMA 719 Performance Skills
Fredrika van Elburg: The Vijftigers and the Language poets: Experimental Writing in Two Countries
Emma Willis: original radio play, "Milk," and recording for Radio New Zealand.
Diana Fuemana: original stage play, "My Mother's Table." (With Fiona Graham)
Alison Hofer: staging, performance and analysis of Athol Fugard's Hello and Goodbye. (With Stuart Young). Writing original stage play.
Catherine Nola: directing Frank MacGuiness's Someone to Watch Over Me.
Yuri Kinugawa: creation and performance of "The Tongue-Cut Sparrow," an orgami performance for children. Writing original stage play, "Toshiro and Kiyo: Grandpa and Grandma."
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Edmond, M. D. (2011). Two walk in Edinburgh, photographs by Mari Mahr, poems by Gregory O’Brien, afterword by Jenny Bornholdt. The Holloway Press, 2011; A morning walk in the later days, by Leonard Lambert. Cold Hub Press, 2010; Devonport: a diary/esplanade, by Bill Direen. The Holloway Press, 2011. Landfall Review Online.
- Edmond, M. D. (2011). Sunburn'd sicklemen: stories of a friendship. Journal of New Zealand literature, 29 (2), 148-160.
- Edmond, M. D. (2011). A day of pleasure in Auckland. Landfall, 221 (May).
- Edmond, M. D. (2011). Southwest Waikato songs: six poems. J.A.A.M, (29), 33-38.
- Edmond, M. D. (2011). Quoting, quoting, every where: literary reference and echo in David Mitchell's Steal Away Boy. Ka Mate Ka Ora: a New Zealand journal of poetry and poetics, 10 (March).
- Edmond, M. D. (2011). Ancestral routes: 30 short poems. Foam:e. (8).
- Edmond, M. D. (2010). Notes on my twenties at sixty. In P. Green, H. Ricketts (Eds.) 99 ways into New Zealand poetry: over 85 key poems plus 25 poets talk about their work (pp. 160-162). Auckland, N.Z.: Vintage.
- Edmond, M. D. (2010). Trade and true: anthologies fifty years after Donald Allen's The new American poetry. Ka Mate Ka Ora: a New Zealand journal of poetry and poetics, 1-10.