Dr Jan Crosthwaite
MA (LaTrobe) , PhD (Melbourne)
Research | Current
Student Proctor. The University Proctor is the person who deals with disputes involving students. The Proctor can also provide advice about what to do about disputes involving a member of staff, and about other issues to do with student conduct
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Crosthwaite, J. (2012). Gender and Bioethics. In H. Kuhse, P. Singer (Eds.) A Companion to Bioethics (pp. 36-45). Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Crosthwaite, J. (2009). Could It Happen Again? Ethical review Requirements in New Zealand. In J. Manning (Ed.) The Cartwright Papers: Essays on the Cervical Cancer Inquiry 1987-88 (pp. 170-181). Wellington, NZ: Bridget Williams Books.
- Crosthwaite, J. (2005). In defence of ethicists. A commentary on Christopher Cowley's paper. Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy, 8 (3), 281-283. 10.1007/s11019-005-0085-6
- Pinnock, R., & Crosthwaite, J. (2005). When parents refuse consent to treatment for children and young persons. JOURNAL OF PAEDIATRICS AND CHILD HEALTH, 41 (7), 369-373. 10.1111/j.1440-1754.2005.00643.x
- Pinnock, R., & Crosthwaite, J. (2004). The Auckland Hospital Ethics Committee: The first 7 years. New Zealand Medical Journal, 117 (1205).
- Crosthwaite, J. (2003). Bioethics and health law in New Zealand: bioethics commentary. New Zealand bioethics journal, 4 (1), 10-13.
- CROSTHWAITE, J., & PRIEST, G. (1996). THE DEFINITION OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT. AUSTRALASIAN JOURNAL OF PHILOSOPHY, 74 (1), 66-82. 10.1080/00048409612347071
- CROSTHWAITE, J. (1995). NO LONGER PATIENT - FEMINIST ETHICS AND HEALTH-CARE - SHERWIN,S. BIOETHICS, 9 (1), 72-79. 10.1111/j.1467-8519.1995.tb00302.x