Dr Hinne Hettema
PhD (Nijmegen, 1993), PhD (Groningen, 2012)
He studied Theoretical Chemistry and Philosophy of Science at the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. He has completed a PhD in Theoretical Chemistry (Nijmegen, 1993) and in Philosophy (Groningen, 2012) and is currently working as the IT Security Team Lead at the University of Auckland.
Research | Current
- Cyber security
- Philosophy of Cyber Security
- Philosophy of Science
Areas of expertise
- Cyber Security and Defence
- Philosophy of cyber security,
- Philosophy of science
- Philosophy of chemistry
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Hettema, H. (2017). The Union of Chemistry and Physics Linkages, Reduction, Theory Nets and Ontology. Springer. Pages: 295.
- Hettema, H. (2014). Linking chemistry with physics: a reply to Lombardi. Foundations of Chemistry: philosophical, historical and interdisciplinary studies of chemistry, 46 (1).10.1007/s10698-014-9200-1
- Hettema, H. (2013). Austere quantum mechanics as a reductive basis for chemistry. Foundations of Chemistry, 15 (3), 311-326. 10.1007/s10698-012-9173-x
- Hettema, H. (2013). QTAIM as a research programme: A reply to Shahbazian. Foundations of Chemistry, 15 (3), 335-341. 10.1007/s10698-013-9193-1
- Aidas, K., Angeli, C., Cimiraglia, R., Bak, K. L., Bakken, V., Bast, R., ... Christiansen, O. (2013). The Dalton quantum chemistry program system. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Computational Molecular Science10.1002/wcms.1172
- Hettema, H. (2012). Reducing Chemistry to Physics: Limits, Models, Consequences. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. Pages: 480. Related URL.
- Hettema, H. (2012). The Unity of Chemistry and Physics: Absolute Reaction Rate Theory. Hyle: international journal for philosophy of chemistry, 18 (2), 145-173. Related URL.
- Hettema, H. (2000). Quantum chemistry. World Scientific Pub Co Inc. Pages: 478.