Mrs Gabriella Brussino
- Senior Tutor in Italian,
- Study Abroad Adviser
Gabriella Brussino is co-ordinator of language teaching in Italian. She has extensive experience at all levels of language teaching and was granted a Distinguished Teaching Award by The University of Auckland in 1997, as well as a Sustained Excellence in Teaching Award by the Faculty of Arts in 2010.
Flexible learning, distance learning resources, language teaching, computer-assisted language learning methodology.
Research | Current
Gabriella Brussino researches in the fields of Methodology of Language Teaching and Learning, Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and Flexible Learning (FL). Her research takes an 'interactionist' approach: the answers to some research questions guide the design of language courses and in turn the experience of using the teaching materials developed is reflected upon and produces further research issues.
Teaching | Current
ITALIAN 100 Introductory Italian Language
ITALIAN 107 Italian Language for Beginners 2
ITALIAN 277 Italian Study Abroad 2A
ITALIAN 278 Italian Study Abroad 2B
ITALIAN 300 Advanced Italian Language
ITALIAN 377 Italian Study Abroad 3A
ITALIAN 378 Italian Study Abroad 3B
ITALIAN 379 Study Abroad - Internship
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Brussino, G. (2011). An Internet-Based language Task, from Conception to Evaluation. Paper presented at EUROCALL, University of Nottingham, UK. 31 August - 3 September 2011.
- Brussino, G. (2011). Voi siete qui…la mappa dell'interlingua. Paper presented at ACIS Sixth Biennial Conference Italian Studies, The University of Melbourne, Parkville Campus. 13 July - 16 July 2011.
- Brussino, G. (2011). Designing and implementing a language teaching task: the story of two italian beginner courses. Paper presented at AULLA 36th Congress: Storytelling in Literature, Language and Culture, Auckland, N.Z.. 7 February - 9 February 2011.
- Brussino, G. (2009). Credevo che fosse un errore… e invece era un meccanismo di apprendimento linguistico: l’analisi dell’errore e la nozione d’interlingua. Paper presented at ACIS Fifth Biennial Conference: L'Italia nella Grande Migrazione Australasian Centre for Italian Studies, University of Auckland. 18 February - 21 February 2009.
- Brussino, G. (2008). Italian Language Teaching in the New Zealand Context. Paper presented at New Zealand and the Mediterranean: 15th annual conference of the New Zealand Studies Association, Florence, Italy. 2 July - 4 July 2008.
- Brussino, G., & Gunn, C. (2008). Australasian Language Learners and Italian Web Sites: A Profitable learning Partnership?. In F. Zhang, B. Barber (Eds.) Handbook of research in Computer Enhanced Language Acquisition and Learning (pp. 1-19). New York: IGI Global.
- Brussino, G. (2007). A ‘Personal’ Approach to FLA Using Progetto Italiano 1,2,3: Blending input-processing and action-oriented theories with affective-motivational methods in the classroom. Paper presented at 4th Biennial Conference of the Australian Centre for Italian Studies, Brisbane, Australia. 10 July - 13 July 2007.
- Brussino, G. (1999). Culture, communication, navigation and CALL: The role of the user interface and video material in a multimedia program for intermediate Italian learners. In K. Cameron (Ed.) CALL and the learning community (pp. 23-30). Exeter, UK: Elm Bank Publications.