Professor Christopher Michael Triggs
Professor Chris Triggs came to the department in 1990 from the former DSIR. Chris graduated with a PhD from Auckland.
Research | Current
Chris' current research interests include experimental design, biometrics, and multivariate analysis.
Chris is a consultant within the Department of Statistics Statistical Consulting Centre. As well as direct statistical consulting Chris acts as an epertwitness and provides peer review for commericial and goverment reporting.
Areas of expertise
Applications of statistics in biology, medicine, and other areas of science and engineering
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Gupta, A., Curran, J. M., Coulson, S., & Triggs, C. M. (2017). Comparison of intra-day and inter-day variation in LIBS spectra. Forensic Chemistry, 3, 36-40. 10.1016/j.forc.2016.12.002
Other University of Auckland co-authors: James Curran
- Li, F., Triggs, C. M., Dumitrescu, B., & Giurcaneanu, C. (2017). On the number of iterations for the matching pursuit algorithm. Proceedings 25th European Signal Processing Conference, 181-185. Kos, Greece: IEEE. 10.23919/EUSIPCO.2017.8081193
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Ciprian Giurcaneanu, Fangyao Li
- Meenken, E. D., Brown, H. E., Triggs, C. M., Brooking, I. R., & Forbes, M. (2016). Phenological response of spring wheat to timing of photoperiod perception: The effect of sowing depth on final leaf number in spring wheat. European Journal of Agronomy, 81, 72-77. 10.1016/j.eja.2016.08.008
- Hayward, B. W., & Triggs, C. M. (2016). USING MULTI-FORAMINIFERAL-PROXIES TO RESOLVE THE PALEOGEOGRAPHIC HISTORY OF A LOWER MIOCENE, SUBDUCTION-RELATED, SEDIMENTARY BASIN (WAITEMATA BASIN, NEW ZEALAND). JOURNAL OF FORAMINIFERAL RESEARCH, 46 (3), 285-313.
- Poppe, K. K., Doughty, R. N., Whalley, G. A., & Triggs, C. M. (2016). A new approach to assessment of the left ventricle. MethodsX, 3, 274-278. 10.1016/j.mex.2016.03.014
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Rob Doughty, Katrina Poppe
- Pirie, M. R., Fowler, A. M., & Triggs, C. M. (2015). Assessing the accuracy of three commonly used pith offset methods applied to Agathis australis (Kauri) incremental cores. Dendrochronologia, 36, 60-68. 10.1016/j.dendro.2015.10.003
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Anthony Fowler
- The EchoNoRMAL Collaboration (2015). Ethnic-Specific Normative Reference Values for Echocardiographic LA and LV Size, LV Mass, and Systolic Function. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 8 (6), 656-665. 10.1016/j.jcmg.2015.02.014
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Katrina Poppe, Rob Doughty
- Pirie, M. R., Triggs, C. M., & Fowler, A. M. (2015). Concordance: A Measure of Similarity Between Matrices of Time Series with Applications in Dendroclimatology. Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, 20 (2), 258-278. 10.1007/s13253-015-0206-5