Faculty of Arts
Russian is one of the most widely spoken languages in Europe.
Russian is an important language of culture and science. Russian writers, composers and filmmakers have enriched world culture, and science has been advanced by the achievements of Russian physicists, chemists and mathematicians.
Russian and your career
A knowledge of Russian can be an asset for various careers, including foreign affairs, business and trade.
Study options in Russian
Russian is available for undergraduate programmes and is taught by School of Cultures, Languages and Linguistics.
Find out what undergraduate study in Russian involves.
First time enrolment in language courses
Find out more about enrolling in a Russian language course for the first time.
The undergraduate courses you can take as part of Russian.
Postgraduate courses in Russian may be taken as part of a programme in another subject.
Russian in the School of Cultures, Languages and Linguisitics
Russian is located in the School of Cultures, Languages and Linguistics.
- Our faculty
- Schools in our faculty
Subjects and courses
- Academic English Studies
- Academic English Studies and Linguistics
- Ancient History
- Applied Linguistics
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Classical Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science
- Cook Islands Maori
- Creative Writing
- Development Studies
- Employment Relations and Organisation Studies
- English Writing
- English Language Acquistion and Linguistics
- European Studies
- International Relations and Human Rights
- Language Teaching
- Languages and Literature
- Latin American Studies
- Linguistics and English Language Teaching
- Logic and Computation
- Māori Studies
- Media, Film and Television
- Medieval and Early Modern European Studies
- Museums and Cultural Heritage
- Pacific Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Public Policy
- Screen Production
- Social Science for Public Health
- Social Science Research Methods
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Translation Studies
- Women's Studies
- Writing Studies
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Thought and History
- Practical Theology
- Our research
- Our staff
- Our students and graduates
- Equity in our faculty